You do have a lot to be thankful for.
For the next two weeks, here are some things you can do to show your gratitude for the live you are currently living. No, it may not be the life you want. If may even be that great of a life, but the man with no legs is sure happy to see you walk by. The grandfather with Alzheimer’s is sitting remembering how much he loves the grandchild that he hasn’t seen in years, not knowing the grown man sitting beside him is his grandson all grown up. The girl with the office job she hates sits at her desk grumbling while across town a woman is sitting in a dark apartment with no power praying she had a piece of a job just to feed her family.
Let’s get started.
- Call a mentor to say thank you
- Post inspiring stories to your social media for the next 14 days.
- Buy coffee or a treat for a co-worker
- Gift an inspiring book
- Email kindness stories
- Organize a food drive at work
- Leave cookies at coffee station
- Say thank you to janitor
- Leave a love note for your partner
- Give a surprise gift
- Make someone a home-cooked meal
- Clean up litter on your street
- Gift a reusable grocery bag
- Email an inspiring author
The last one is my favorite.